Wednesday, April 18, 2012

In my second visit to the writing center as an observer I was able to notice the difference in techniques that might be used by every tutor. This time the tutor was also helping two students at a time but was able to give both of them enough atention. This tutor was highly concerned with the grammar in the student's paper most of the session which is usually a low order concern but since there were so many errors in their grammar I sort of understand his position. Something I noticed different with this tutor was that he concentrated on both students from beginning to end while the other one kept trying to involve me in the process by explaining the things he would say or do. Even though they had different methods of tutoring I believe they both reached the goal which is help the student write a better paper. He conducted a teacher centered tutoring session since he was the one directing the session instead of interacting more with them and allowing them to share their opinion a little more.

No comments:

Post a Comment