Wednesday, May 2, 2012

3rd observation

In my third visit to the writing center I observed a tutor with only one student. The student had written the paper but wasn't so confident about it so she took it there to get some help with it. The session didn't last the whole hour because the student had somewhere to go and could not stay but it seemed like she had enough feedback to get going. Her topic was the amount of vacations workers in america get and that the government should pass a law making them longer. The tutor explained her what was good and what was wrong with her paper and that was about it. Since she didn't have time to work on it there she left. The tutor stayed with me the rest of the time and showed me around so I could have a sense of what is it they do at the writing center.She showed me a few CATW samples some worksheets they gave to students that had a problem with vocabulary verbs and etc. It was a busy day in the writing center though because most of the apoointments had to be cancelled. Other than that it seemed like a nice experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment