Wednesday, May 2, 2012

4th observation

In my fourth visit to the writing center I noticed that the lines of students waiting to get help are only getting longer. A lot of students had to set up appointments for later periods and sometimes people that had appointments for the present period were not able to get in. This time I observed a tutor with two students. One of them was really focused on their work and had brought two essays; an original and a revision. The other student was obviously lazy and didn't seem to cooperate too much. She seemed like the type of student that wants the tutor to write the paper for them. She kept staring at me all the time which became a little uncomfortable after a while because it was the first time something like this had happened to me while observing. The tutor ended up helping the student with the revision paper a little more because the other one was too laid back and wasn't so active with their work. Since she did not stop staring at me I left a few minutes before the session ended.

No comments:

Post a Comment